Support and Maintain
To ensure the Magestore Products are running by the customer themselves in their business operation for making their business value
The activities are in support processes, aimed at achieving objectives that support the customer. These objectives can point to:
- Define necessary to record all the information produced by the process life cycle activities.
- Incorporate activities to identify, control, and statistical evaluation of configurations as well as of version management.
- Guide customer activities to objectively ensure that software products meet the specified requirements.
- Determine activities to validate and investigate the software products of the software project.
- Perform peer review of both technical and customer aspects, where they will inspect the condition of the goods produced and the activities undertaken.
- Specify the activities to determine compliance with the requirements, plans and contracts.
- Specify a process to analyze and eliminate (solve) the problems (including disagreements), regardless of their nature or origin, which are discovered during the execution of the development, operation, maintenance and other processes.
- Update knowledge and experience of Products Using from Customer to share in Magestore.
What is Support
Software support services typically include remote troubleshooting capabilities, installation assistance and basic usability assistance. Remote troubleshooting capabilities may be delivered via online communication media or without human assistance through automated.
First line Support
First line support is the frontline of your end-user (cashier, sales staff, fulfil staff) support desk. First line agents are generalists. They have a broad understanding of the product and they know the procedures that apply to. Second line Support Second line support is for customer problems that are too time-consuming, uncommon, or technical for first-line support. This is a key point in the difference between first and second line support.
Second line Support
agents are more specialists in their knowledge. They don’t use their time for queries that anyone can answer. Rather, they focus on solving problems that need in-depth knowledge about your products and services. So, second-line agents are those that handle escalations, difficult customers and technical queries. They’re more likely to handle issues that span more than one interaction with the customer.
What is Maintenance
“Modification of a software product after delivery to correct faults, to improve performance or other attributes, or to adapt the product to a modified environment.”
There are many software maintenance cost factors. Maintenance isn’t just about fixing bugs; it entails any effort to keep things running the way your users expect it to run. And more times than not, that means something other than simply fixing defects in your code.
To illustrate this, let’s say you’re running a hypothetical tech company. You’ve successfully built the first version of your product, and you’re releasing it into the wild. Over the course of the next several weeks, you encounter several issues that need to be addressed to keep your users onboard.
Corrective Maintenance is estimated by identifying the projected number of defects to be resolved on a monthly basis and the associated level of effort required for an average defect. The projected number of defects found vs. resolved are not required to be equal. Using an assumption that the maintenance staff will be constrained to a maximum resource size, the number of defects that can be resolved will also be constrained.
Adaptive Maintenance is estimated by defining the effort associated with upgrading Non-development Items (NDI), that is, those items that are leveraged in the application solution stack provided by a 3rd party.
Perfective Maintenance is estimated by identifying the labor required to analyze, implement, test, and deploy functional changes to the baseline which have been previously identified to be “in-scope” for maintenance. An example might include rule changes driven by federal policy. Perfective maintenance activities should only be included in the maintenance budget if defined as required scope by the contract. Otherwise, any change to the functional baseline should be considered an enhancement.
Preventative Maintenance is estimated by identifying the proactive labor effort required in order to avoid system issues or failure. Examples could include performance monitoring and associated SLA reporting, periodic file or database maintenance activities, etc. After identifying each of the preventative maintenance activities to be performed, it is recommended that a level of effort estimate for each activity be created.
- Very Urgent: Incident making the customer business and system interuption.
- Normal: Any other case.
- When a Customer have request a support.
Customer request support
- Customer send request support by official channel.
- Customer send request by instant message in the Slack Support Guest Channel
- They also can send their support request on any other minor channels such as email/skype/via another person. We must keep our Service Level Agreement on the above official channel first, but please take your care about other minor channel:
Have a Quick Answer
- If having immediate answer, please answer the customer immediately then goto Close Request
- If you can not answer immediately, please logging the request as soon as posible to avoid missing their request. Then confirm with your customer that you received the request.
- Create Issue if it is related to the project for easy following and tracking.
- If this is an incident, please make the below investigate first:
- Where did this incident happen? (Live Site, Stage Site, Location, User)
- How to repliicate if the customer report an issue?
- What is the expected result?
- What is the actual result?
- How urgent to their business? It is very urgent if making their daily operation stop or making the data wrong?
Tips: From Slack Channel, you access to more detail information by this guide Get Information from Slack Support
General Form For Problem Reporting
We prefer you reporting problem follow below format to help us easy understand and focusing to the key information instead of taking time for taking around problem by question you again and again.
Fields masked with "*" below is required
Title is a vital part of bug report for developer and triager to quickly identify a unique issue. A well written title should contain a clear, brief explanation of the issue, making emphasis on the most important points.
A good Issue Title should answer 3 questions below: What is happening? How it status is? Where/When it happend?
Example: The character "/" to separate answer for each question above.
- Cannot apply giftcode / on POS / when checkout
- Cannot create user / on POS / after add product to cart
- After create creditmemo for an order / the POS / do not print receipt
To describe detaily about problem you're facing. It contains some conditions, screnarios to help developer can reproduce your problem on their side.
Here below is the template for Issue Description.
### Prerequisites (*): 1. ### Step to reproduce (*): 1. ### Expected Result (*): 1. ### Actual Result (*): 1. ### Additional Information: 1.
Describing preconditions is a great start, provide information on system configuration settings you have changed, detailed information on entities created (Products, Customers, etc), Magento version. Basically, everything that would help developer set up the same environment as you have.
A good Prerequisites should answer at least 1 question below: Which environment is occurring problem?
If you're already provided us information about the environment occurring problem (SSH, Admin), just give us the name like: Dev, Live, Staging, UAT...etc.
If you're not provide us information yet, please give us The magento version, The Delivery Version or POS Version, or give the environment information (SSH, Admin) in that section.
### Prerequisites (*): 1. On Staging 2. Staff already logged in to POS Test
Steps to reproduce
This part of the bug report is the most important, as developer will use this information to reproduce the issue. Problem is more likely to be fixed if it can be reproduced.
Precisely describe each step you have taken to reproduce the issue. Try to include as much information as possible, sometimes even minor differences can be crucial.
### Step to reproduce (*): 1. On checkout screen click into "Select customer" button 2. Fill out "Firstname", "Lastname" field and so on. 3. Click "Save" button
Describe about the expected result after you do all the steps in "Steps to reproduce" section.
### Expected Result (*): 1. Customer created and message "Created customer successfully" with green background display on screen.
Describe about the actual result you got (Include some screen shoot in that section is a great describing).
### Actual Result (*): 1. Message "Error: Dupplicated entity %s" display on screen.
Provide additional information about the problem like comment with your personal view, your suggestion to fix problem from your experience... etc
Note: With issues about TAX calculation (before tax, after tax), Discount calculation (before tax, after tax).. may not consisten with some country, the Actual and Expected Result is the most important to help us understand your business model then give you best advice.
Priority and Have first Answer
- Set the priority
- Have response to your customer about timeline
Resolve Incident or Service Fulfill
- Team follow Manage Sprint to resolve or fulfill
- Please remember that, the more complicated issue, the more resource you need to collaborate from other team members and other teams
- Try to not forget reply customer
- Find issue are waiting for your reply
- Find issue are waiting for your first answer
Contribute Knowledge Base
- Contribute customer guide on Magestore Guide
- Contribute to Products Issue
With customer that not clear about history:
- Step 1: Check customer email to see information
- Step 2: Go to Accounting > Invoices to search this customer
- Step 3:
- If see this customer with old product (not support now): Use template Discontinue support to reply customer (include download last version of their extensions)
- If not see info of this customer, Go to old dev site of Magestore to check order and customer info -> Use template Discontinue support to reply customer (include download last version of their extensions)
- Step 4: Move ticket to Progress state